- This event has passed.
Boxtopia Sleep Out
October 15 @ 7:00 pm - 11:00 pm
INFORMATION & RULES
WHEN: 7pm – 11pm on Friday, October 15, 2021
WHERE: Small parking lot on Oakwood Avenue side between the church and school buildings
PURPOSE: To experience being homeless, and to introduce young people to the foundations of the Catholic Social Teaching principles and the two feet of service and justice.
1. Young people are to remain in the parking lot or school building throughout Boxtopia.
2. NO electronic devices of any kind. This includes cell phones and I-pods. (If a cell phone is brought it will be collected by a designated adult chaperone and placed in a sandwich bag with the young person’s name on it. The young person may ask the designated adult chaperone to use it to contact parent/guardian if needed.)
WHAT TO BRING
- Cardboard box big enough to sleep in
- Signed Permission Slip – Click this text to download the permission slip
- Blankets/sleeping bag to keep warm
- Non-perishable food item(s) to donate
- They should dress in layers so that they can stay warm.
ADDITIONAL ITEMS TO NOTE
- There will be a contest for the best decorated box.
- Parents may give permission for their child to share a box with another child.
- Soup will be served around 10pm
- The school building will be open so we can use the restrooms.
The community is encouraged to drop off donations of non-perishable food items between 7 and 10pm.
We are in need of chaperones to work two hour shifts during the Sleep Out. If you would like to volunteer for a shift please contact Denise York at 652-6400 or firstname.lastname@example.org.