ICY offer friends, fun and faith. ICY Junior High meets on the first and third Saturdays of every month. We know family life is busy, so you do not have to attend every gathering. You are always welcome to join us at any time!
Boxtopia 2020 Information
WHEN: 7-11pm on Friday, October 16, 2020
WHERE: Small parking lot on Oakwood Avenue side between the church and school buildings
PURPOSE: To experience being homeless, and to introduce young people to the foundations of the Catholic Social Teaching principles and the two feet of service and justice.
Young people are encouraged to join us for the entire evening. However if you do not want them to go inside for soup and bread, then they may come from 7-10pm. They must be picked up by a parent/guardian at 10pm and this must be noted on their Permission Form.
- Young people are to remain in the parking lot or school building throughout Boxtopia.
- If leaving at 10pm this must be noted on their Permission Form. Young people must be picked up by a parent/guardian.
3. NO electronic devices of any kind. This includes cell phones and I-pods.
4. If young people want to share a box, then they must bring a signed Box Sharing Form. Both young people sharing the box must bring a Box Sharing Form signed by their parent/guardian. This additional form is due to the pandemic.
(If a cell phone is brought it will be collected by a designated adult chaperone and placed in a sandwich bag with the young person’s name on it. The young person may ask the designated adult chaperone to use it to contact parent/guardian if needed.)
WHAT TO BRING
- Cardboard box big enough to sleep in
- Signed Permission Slip
- Non-perishable food item(s) to donate
- They should dress in layers so that they can stay warm.
ADDITIONAL ITEMS TO NOTE
- There will be a contest for the best decorated box.
- Soup will be served around 10pm
- The school building will be open so we can use the restrooms.
We are still in need of chaperones to work two hour shifts during the Sleep Out. If you would like to volunteer for a shift please contact Denise York at 652-6400 or email@example.com
Saturday, Sept. 26th— ICY Night 6-7:30pm
Saturday, Oct. 3rd—Candy Hunt 6-7:30pm @ Knox Farm
Fri., Oct. 16th —Boxtopia (for Hunger) 7pm-11pm
Saturday, Nov. 7th —Digital Night 6-7:30pm
Saturday, Nov. 21st — Surprise Night 6-7:30pm (theme to be determined by young people)
Saturday, Dec. 5th —Ice Skating 7-9pm @ The Rink & Taste
Saturday, Jan. 16th— Glow in the Dark Night 6-7:30pm
Saturday, Feb. 6th– Game/Pictionary Night 6-7:30pm
Saturday, Mar. 6th —Movie Night 6-11pm
Saturday, Mar. 27th—Narnia Experience 3-8:30pm
Saturday, Apr. 24th—Bizarre Race Night 6-8:30pm
Saturday, May 1st— Ninja Night 6-7:30pm
Saturday, May 22nd—ICY Gathering 6-8pm
Text @icy486 to 81010 to receive text message reminders