Information & Rules
- WHEN: 7pm on Friday, October 25, 2019 to 7am on Saturday, October 26, 2019
- WHERE: Small parking lot on Oakwood Avenue side between the church and school buildings
- PURPOSE: To experience being homeless, and to introduce young people to the foundations of the Catholic Social Teaching principles and the two feet of service and justice.
***PLEASE PARK IN THE MAIN CHURCH PARKING LOT AND CARRY YOUR BOX ALONG THE SIDEWALK TO THE OAKWOOD PARKING LOT. DO NOT PARK ON OAKWOOD AVENUE***.
Young people are encouraged to join us for the entire overnight. However if they cannot spend the night, then they may come from 7-10pm. They must be picked up by a parent/guardian at 10pm and this must be noted on their Permission Form.
- Young people are to remain in the parking lot or school building throughout Boxtopia.
- If leaving at 10pm this must be noted on their Permission Form. Young people must be picked up by a parent/guardian.
- NO electronic devices of any kind. This includes cell phones and I-pods.
(If a cell phone is brought it will be collected by a designated adult chaperone and placed in a sandwich bag with the young person’s name on it. The young person may ask the designated adult chaperone to use it to contact parent/guardian if needed.)
WHAT TO BRING
ADDITIONAL ITEMS TO NOTE
- There will be a contest for the best decorated box.
- Soup will be served around 10pm
- Hot chocolate will be served at 6am
- The school building will be open so we can use the restrooms.
The community is encouraged to drop off donations of non-perishable food items between 7 and 10pm. We are in need of chaperones to work two hour shifts during the Sleep Out. If you would like to volunteer for a shift please contact Denise York at 652-6400 or email@example.com.